Saturday 6 December 2014

An update - I'm still alive!

Hi guys! Sorry that I've been a bit quiet the last 8 weeks or so - I have managed to get out and do a couple of mid-length walks (10 miles or so) recently but to be honest I am still definitely recovering from the effects of the accident with seroius soreness and stiffness in both ankles, my right heel and my achilles tendon following each walk. Don't get me wrong we're coming on leaps and bounds since I went back to work in early September, but there's not a lot to write home about at the moment with pavement walking being the highlight of my training. The rescheduled date next summer remains in place for the time being but realistically we will have to keep it under consideration depending on the speed of recovery in terms of my ankles and my finances both. One thing you can be absolutely sure of though is that this walk is going to happen - it's not an "If" but a "when" situtatiion Thanks for your continued support guys and for helping to raise over £3500 (including Gift Aid) in respect of the first attempt - every penny of that money goes to the three charities divided equally - Macmillan Cancer Support, the MS Society and Help for Heroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment